Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chinese Sambal Belachan Fried Rice

Rice...? rice... oh Rice! I love rice!
I want to eat rice, what is better than rice? For me, rice is EVERYTHING.
Chicken rice, oh my favourite.
Clay pot rice, awesome.
Nasi Lemak, wordless. Salivating...Can't think of a word for it.
Fried rice is my delicacy in my own world. I can proudly say that at least I can fry ... rice. ;)

This recipe is roughly the same the Fried Rice with Mix Vege. Slightly different is that, this time, I don't use the nasi goreng paste, just onions & garlic, plus SAMBAL Belachan. I still have plenty of them in my kitchen, so why not use them?
4 Servings
Ingredient:
4 bowl of cooked rice (cook and keep in the fridge overnight)
Mixed vege - 1 big bowl
Salt and Sambal Belachan to taste
Dark soy sauce for colouring
3 tbs olive oil
2 red onions & 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Chicken Stock Granule to fry onions and garlic

Instructions:
  1. Fry mixed vege without oil to drain water, add some granules & sambal for flavouring, take out and put aside
  2. Medium high heat, fry onions and garlic with olive oil and sesame oil, until it caramelised or slightly brown, add 1 tbsp of sambal belachan, add in mix vege, continue stirring for 2 mins.
  3. Put in rice, stir it until even, add a dash of dark soy sauce for colouring, continue frying for 5 mins
  4. Taste and add soy sauce when needed.

Mamamia tips:

  1. Fry an egg together to enhance its flavour.
  2. Must be quick when frying, keep on stirring, press down the rice if it stick together. DO NOT ADD WATER!
  3. Serve with stir-fry vege, mamamia!

9 comments:

Angie said...

The fried rice looks very appetizing.
I like those simple tasty home dishes very much, and esp. with rice, which is a great help to deal with some leftover, like BBQ chicken, or some seafood stir-fry, etc. And peas and mushrooms...hmm...I guess I know what I want to have for the lunch today....

Chef E said...

Great closeups, you can see the onions glistening...I love stirfry...

Tastes of Home said...

yes,love belacan fried rice!!

homeladychef said...

Angie: Thanks for your encouragement. I think its taste real good too!
Chef e: I like onions so I put a lot into it! Yummy ~
Taste of Home: Yes, more Belachan even more 'shiok' right ;)

Food For Tots said...

I like to cook all kinds of all-in-one rice meal. It makes life easier. Hahaha..! I luv sambal belachan a lot! Did u make yours? I used XO sauce as replacement. Equivalent good too.

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

I love rice too!

homeladychef said...

Food for tots: I cheated a bit by using the ready-made Sambal Belachan. If time permits, I will like to make my own too!

Shari @ Whisk: Cheers to rice eaters!

mikky said...

lovely fried rice... :)

homeladychef said...

mikky: thanks! ;)

Similar Food

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin