I want to eat rice, what is better than rice? For me, rice is EVERYTHING.
Chicken rice, oh my favourite.
Clay pot rice, awesome.
Nasi Lemak, wordless. Salivating...Can't think of a word for it.
Fried rice is my delicacy in my own world. I can proudly say that at least I can fry ... rice. ;)
This recipe is roughly the same the Fried Rice with Mix Vege. Slightly different is that, this time, I don't use the nasi goreng paste, just onions & garlic, plus SAMBAL Belachan. I still have plenty of them in my kitchen, so why not use them?
4 bowl of cooked rice (cook and keep in the fridge overnight)
Mixed vege - 1 big bowl
Salt and Sambal Belachan to taste
Dark soy sauce for colouring
3 tbs olive oil
2 red onions & 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Chicken Stock Granule to fry onions and garlic
- Fry mixed vege without oil to drain water, add some granules & sambal for flavouring, take out and put aside
- Medium high heat, fry onions and garlic with olive oil and sesame oil, until it caramelised or slightly brown, add 1 tbsp of sambal belachan, add in mix vege, continue stirring for 2 mins.
- Put in rice, stir it until even, add a dash of dark soy sauce for colouring, continue frying for 5 mins
- Taste and add soy sauce when needed.
- Fry an egg together to enhance its flavour.
- Must be quick when frying, keep on stirring, press down the rice if it stick together. DO NOT ADD WATER!
- Serve with stir-fry vege, mamamia!