1) Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in pan over medium heat.
2) Add 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic & 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley leaves. Cook about 10 min until soft but still translucent.
3) Take pan off heat to cool.
4) Pour about 1 cup milk over 4 slices white bread (crust removed) in bowl to soak.
5) Combine 680 g ground beef & 680 g pork in another mixing bowl.
6) Add 1 egg & ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
7) Season generously with salt & pepper.
8) Squeeze excess milk out of bread, add to mixing bowl with cooled onion.
9) Gently combine ingredients until just mixed together. Don’t overwork or meatball will be tough.
10) Divide into 10 equal meatballs.
11) Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
12) Heat 3 tsp olive oil in pan over medium heat.
13) Brown meatball on all sides for 10 min.
14) Put into baking pan, spoon 2 cups tomato sauce over.
15) Shower with 200 g mozzarella cheese (cut into chunks) & drizzle with olive oil.
16) Bake in oven for 15 min until cooked through.
17) Cook 450 g spaghetti.
18) Drain & put into pan on medium heat. Pour in 2 cups tomato sauce, stir through.
19) Place spaghetti onto plates. Spoon meatballs on top of spaghetti. Garnish with 3 sprigs basil leaves. Serve with extra cheese.
We followed Tyler's recipe closely. However, we found that the portion was too big for all of us, though it meant to serve 4 only. It might because we were all small in sizes as well? =)
Anyway, it was fun making those meatball! The kids enjoyed squeezing & making meatball as much as we did. =)
This was when the meatballs were done. Just look at them...Yummy! Popping hot! Fresh out of oven! They were juicy, yummy & filling. Try to make some at home.
- Do combine red & yellow onions in making the meatball for more flavours.
- Do squeeze out the liquid inside the minced meat before making them into meatballs. Try to keep them dry.
- Do skip adding olive oil into the meatball making process to lessen calories intake.