Ingredient (serve 2):
- Oil - I use olive oil instead
- sesame oil - 1 tbs
- 3 cloves of garlic & - fine and small
- 1 cup of black fungus (黑木耳）- soak in warm water for about 10 mins
- 6 dry mushroom - soak in cold water (water + a bit of sugar) overnight, try not to use hot water because it will make it even harder
- half a cabbage - cut into big chunk or to your preferred size
- 1 whole piece carrot - cut into strips
Traditional version MUST-HAVES, which I could not find in my fridge. :p
- tung hoon (transparent vermicelli)
- kim chiam (dried lily flower buds)
- dried sweet bean curd strips
- fermented, salted soybeans
- fry in a wok or pan the cooking oil, onion and garlic mixture.
- add all other ingredients except the cabbage, season to taste, and then a small amount of water.
- stir together when adding in the cabbage last, and simmer until tender; about 15 minutes., until the sauce is thickened.