Friday, August 21, 2009

Grilled Eggplant


I went back to Malaysia about 2 weeks ago to visit my parents as well as my lovely baby nephew. On the way back to Singapore, we bought some vegetables from Seremban, where my hometown Titi is near to, before heading for the famous beef noodle stall. Alas, Murphy’s Law reigned yet again, it’s closed. Both of us found a way to cheer up a bit - we saved some money by buying some fruits and vegetables at a very low price to bring back to Singapore.

We bought 4 eggplants at Ringgit Malaysia 1.00, which is about USD$0.25, for this dish. Method:

Cut them into half, season with some salt and pepper; massage some oil to coat the eggplant, grill for about 20 minutes or until it turns brown and soft.

At the same time, fry some minced garlic till brown. When the eggplant is done, sprinkle the garlic on top, season with a few dash of soy sauce.

End result: Interested to know my nephew? Here he is!!

8 comments:

Joy said...

Oo the crispy garlic would be perfect on the grilled eggplant!
PS very cute baby!

Sophie said...

WOW (impressed look). Your tofu dish looks so yummy.

Here I bought a sauce pack for Sauce for Mapo Tofu so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

Angie's Recipes said...

Aromatic grilled eggplants...I can't enjoy eggplants without adding garlic!

Angie's Recipes

pigpigscorner said...

garlicky goodness! yum yum!

Food For Tots said...

Good idea to buy from your hometown. Besides saving money, it also saves your time. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone! I luv your simple and delicious eggplant recipe. Your nephew looks so adorable!!!

homeladychef said...

Hi Joy, thanks for dropping by

Sophie: hmm...this wasn't tofu, it's eggplant.

Angies & pigpigscorner, garlic lovers you are!

Food for tots - Yes, i miss my cute little nephew now!

noobcook said...

looks really delish. I love the fried garlic bits topping :D

homeladychef said...

I can finished all the garlic topping just like that (click) :)

Similar Food

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin