My suggestions are:
- Do not overdry the pasta, reserve some pasta water just in case the pasta appear to be too dry.
- At the end, add a few dash of extra virgin olive oil to smooth the sauce.
- On top of the sauce, I fry some garlic to go along.
To cook pasta:
- Do not alternate the hot & cold water to make it chewy.
- Do not rinse the pasta.
- Taste the pasta by picking out a strand and suck it into your mouth, it should be al dente, meaning firm to the tooth. Just follow the timing & instructions on the package. + or -, not the end of the world.
- While cooking pasta, you should prepare the sauce. Fry some onions and garlic with tomatoes, mushroom, etc. Normally, when the pasta is ready, the sauce should be ready.
- Toss them into the pasta sauce to coat them all together. Then you can see that the sauce is being soaked up by the pasta, well-coated.