Watercress Soup with Mushroom and Pork Ribs for today's dinner. I used the pressure cooker to cook this in the evening because I only got back home at 7.30pm. By the time I settled down, it was already 5 passed 8. So our dinner was quite late for tonight, at about 10pm.
I mopped the floor while waiting the soup to boil, then came back to add the watercress, let it boil again for the last 15 mins before I turn it off. Eager to finish my last assignment, I started writing again. I still have 1000 words to go. My last lap of the second module should not be jeopardised by my hunger. Let me wait till CY come back from work....
Watercress Pork Ribs Soup is great for clearing heat in the body and sputum in the lungs.
1. 2 bunches of fresh watercress, most people just use 1 bunch, I use 2. Mainly because I like the watercress cooling flavour.
2. 350g blanched pork ribs
3. 2 dried red dates -stones removed to prevent heatiness
4. 2 candied date 蜜枣 - this is important to add sweetness to the soup
5. 3 cups of water
6. 6 dried shitake mushroom and some dried scallop, soaked.
7. 1 tablespoon of GOOD soya sauce - the secret ingredient from one famous chef.
8 salt to taste.
1. Bring water to boil, add in the everything, except the watercress.
2. Simmer it for about 20mins in the pressure cooker.
3. Let all the steam out, open the cover, add watercress. Bring to boil again to cook for another 15 mins.
4. Lastly, add 1 tablespoon of soya sauce and salt to taste.